Skip to main content

My Time In Exeter, England

Hi. 
So, it’s been 3 days since I came home from Exeter, England. I must say I do miss it. I had a really good time much to my surprise. I was doing work experience for a company called Devon Disability Collective, it was located in Exeter, Devon.
I will talk about Devon Disability Collective first. Devon Disability Collective specialize in the industrial design and manufacture of upholstered and textile products. With its roots spanning over 45 years of local authority control, DDC as a private limited company will now build on the work carried out and expertise gained over this time.
Their main products and services include:



  • Wheelchair accessories, upholstery and seating.
  • Domestic, commercial and automotive reupholstery services.
  • Light engineering.
  • Mobility showroom - retail, advice and guidance.







While at work I had a range of things to do. I had the challenge of Creating and editing a video, creating a website using Wordpress. I then also helped with the making of Boxes for a clever walking stick called Flexyfoot. I had to make the boxes, fill the boxes with information packages, then I had to place the walking sticks into the boxes. It was a nice job and I got to interact with the other workers. I also helped out with any little jobs like files for the reception staff. I really enjoyed helping out with little jobs and I feel that my work benefited the workers. I feel that the staff where shocked at how fast I worked. I must say they were sad that I was leaving so soon, as my added help was very beneficial and they appreciated it a lot. While creating the video, I made it about a small Tracker. I learned a lot about the tracker and what it did. I also had a nice time with the setting up of the area that I used to film. I learned how to work extra lights and I had a hard time of remembering what to say. Overall I was happy with how the video turned out. I was proud of my work and Luke the manager really appreciated it. He said that I did a great job. I used Wordpress to help me create the website that Luke had requested me to make along with my friend Amy who was also in the same work placement as me. It was an easier application to use, as I just copied and pasted the code over. I found the application hard to understand at first but at the end I understood that it was an easier application to use. The website didn't take me and Amy that long to create. It only took us a day or so to create it. Luke was happy with the website also. Overall I was very pleased with my work placement.
Box Making
Web coding
Video Creating



In Exeter, Devon there was so much stuff to do. The city itself was beautiful. I enjoyed meeting my friends each day after work and going to the shops. I seen new shops that I was never in before. I found lovely places to eat and go out for a few drinks in the evening. I really enjoyed walking around with my friends. I really enjoyed taking photography pictures of places I found nice. It took me a while to find the Cathedral in Exeter but when I found it, I was blowing away with the lovely views of it. Some of the days I headed up to Torquay to meet the rest of my friends and for the social gatherings that The Training Partnership had in place. I really enjoyed the experience of Going on trains and seeing new places. In Torquay I enjoyed going to the seaside. I took lovely photos and I seen lovely things. I really had a wonderful time and I hope I return one day. I must say I was sad to leave as I was having so much fun!! Below are some Pictures that I took.





Go follow my Facebook page to see more Photos from my time over in England RoisinMcphillipsPhotography

Also go follow my Instagram roisinmcphillip

Paignton Pier
Torquay

Exeter 



Torquay







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outline the stages of Analysis, Development, Implementation and Control of Digital Marketing Campaigns

Hey!  Today I am going to be talking about the stages of Analysis, Development, Implementation and Control of Digital Marketing Campaigns. Analysis The very first step in any campaign is the analysis step. It is the stepping stone to your campaign. If you do this step correct and see its benefits, it will set up the campaign to succeed. What is analysis? Analysis is concerned with looking at where we are (the company/business/product/brand etc.) now in terms of where we are positioned in the market place and what the digital opportunities are. Companies in general should conduct a competitor analysis to identify how their competitors are performing within the digital sector. Conducting an internal analysis using SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) will help identify the company's skill and knowledge with respect to digital marketing. You must decide on the specify target audience in this step and the age group of the audience you are trying to sell to. Rememb

Identify e-tool to include social media marketing, blogs, rich media, email marketing, search engine optimization, online advertising and their application to digital marketing campaigns.

Hey Guys!  Today I am going to identify e-tool to include social media marketing, blogs, rich media, email marketing, search engine optimizations, online advertising and their application to digital marketing campaigns. Social Media Marketing A social media presence is a necessity for many customer-driven enterprises, as it will give the impression of a more immediate connection between the customer and the seller. Campaigns spread through social media are believed the have a more resonance because they are usually discovered thought links shared by trusted sources. This allows advertisers target their message to a very specific audience, providing the potential for better results. Buffer: Buffer unlike Hootsuite isn't a free application. You can have up to ten free posts and then you have to pay to use it. It works with the social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest. This app works the same way as Hootsuite works, you can sche

Strengths and Weakness of E-Tools

Social Media Marketing Advantages of social media marketing In Expensive. Widely Available.  Easy to use and easy to run a campaign. Business tool available. Scheduling posts. Specify Audience. Accessible.  Can be area specific. Can give links and graphics to represent and link the page to relevant pages. Increased Brand Recognition. More Opportunities to Convert. Higher conversion rates. Increased Inbound Traffic. Privacy Issues. Internet Access needed. Device Pendent. It can be expensive to promote for long periods of time. Disadvantages of social media marketing Privacy Issues. Internet Access needed. Device Pendent. It can be expensive to promote for long periods of time.   Blogger Strengths of blog Blogs are to express your feelings through words. You can post your interests for the whole world to see. Blogger is the number one blogging tool in the world. Owned by Google, which means